Zinc is a soft, pretty well malleable metal of silvery-blue colour, of a crystallographic structure of the deepest density.
Electrolytic zinc coatings on cast iron and steel have the character of anode layers, which means that they protect the surface due to the anode dissolving in the corrosive link: Zn water solution Fe. Additional protection is provided by an impenetrable layer of products of corrosion and chrome layers produced during passivation.
Zink coatings, when compared with layers of other metals, have the best protective qualities on iron and steel, as regards both the thickness and costs. The protective qualities are proportional to the thickness.
Shining zinc layers with blue passivity may sometimes replace decorative coatings Cu-Ni-Cr, particularly if durability of the lustre is not required.
(source: Galvanizer's Guide, WNT)
The most important product features:
- protect the surface due to the anode dissolving in the corrosive link
- mpenetrable layer of products of corrosion
- chrome layers produced during passivation
- the best protective qualities on iron and steel
- both the thickness and costs
Zinc plating is realised in modern, fully automatic technological lines:
- suspension line (constructed in 2002)
- drum line (constructed in 2003)
Another line will be started in April, and its purpose is going to be placing alloy layers (Zn-Ni and Zn-Fe).
The process of zinc plating is:
- carried out in a stable manner with accordance to the system EN ISO 9001:2000
- constantly supervised by competent personnel
- carried out in modern production machines
The technologist is responsible for the quality of received products.
To this purpose, he has to his disposal:
- a well-equipped analytical laboratory
- a well-equipped control and measurement laboratory, where:
- measurement of thickness is carried out through Roentgen radiation (X-Ray)
- corrosive resistance is measured in a salt chamber (with accordance to the norm DIN 50021, ASTM B117)
We guarantee full supervision of identification and identifiability of the entrusted products.
Over the recent years we have guaranteed our Clients a compliance of our deliveries at the level of 99.9% (as regards required amount, quality, assortment, deadline and the way the products are places on pallets).
The technological process is fully automatic and supervised:
- selection of the parameters of the process is carried out by the operator who chooses them from the database
- it is possible to adjust all the parameters of the process in order to achieve optimal conditions of the process for each element
- the process is stabilised - supplementing materials, e.g. polishing materials, pH correction, are carried out in an automatic manner)
The coatings that are obtained have the following advantages:
- A perfect distribution of the thickness of the layers (almost 1:1)
- Lack of thickened areas on edges
- Perfect lustre
- High ability to cover in the range of low current densities
- Efficient prevention of air bags and delayed air bags (own pressing stress)
- High corrosion resistance
- Stable process – a wide range of working temperatures
The technologies that are used were devised so as to protect the environment: they do not include cyanides and complexive additives.
We use well known preparations of the following companies:
- Enthone OMI
- Mac Dermid
The zinc layers we produce are made mainly for the following industries:
- Automotive industry (80%)
- Construction industry (15%)
- Energy industry (3%)
- Telecommunications (2%)
Our products comply with the internal norms of our Clients that match the requirements of such recipients as (among others): VW, Volvo, and Mann.